Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 2

Kelly here:  It's really hard to contain my excitement, but I was privileged enough today to visit a world-famous site that I know you will want to put right at the top of your bucket list. I'm here in Collinsville, Illinois, site of the World's Largest Catsup Bottle."







The good news is that it's more than just a photo op, it's for sale!  Not only would owning such a landmark show good taste, but people would flock to it with relish.  I'd quit but I'm on a roll.

We're staying at a Drury Inn tonight in Colłinsville, right outside of St. Louis.  They have free breakfast AND free dinner.  I didn't want to be left alone in the room when they went to dinner, so I cried loudly enough to make them come back.  They realized they could go one at a time and bring their food back to the room.  I knew it would work.  The meatball I had was really good.

They tell me tomorrow we're driving to Oklahoma City.  I wish we could stay in Illinois because I'm going to miss the statue of Paul Bunyan holding a giant hot dog. Oh well, another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment